we have two types of ceramic bearing, hybrid ceramic bearing and full ceramic bearing, the hybrid ceramic bearing has steel inner and outer rings with ceramic balls, as for the full ceramic bearing; the inner, outer rings and the balls are made of ceramic. There are many kinds of ceramic materials, the most common ceramic materials are Si3N4 that stands for the silicon nitride ceramic material and is black colored, SiC stands for the silicon carbide material and also is black colored. and the ZrO2 that stands for the zirconium dioxide, also known as zirconia or zirconium oxide, they are white colored, a ZrO2 ball looks exactly like a pearl. the ceramic material is not stronger than steel, but ceramic bearing are lighter and have lower friction than steel, that makes ceramic bearing go faster with lower heat generated.
Silicon Nitride Bearings: The Overall performance is the best one. Si3N4 have better toughness and strength than aluminium oxide which also have low-density. Si3N4 bearing suit for high speed condition and have the best contact fatigue life.
High temperature-resistant bearing
Our Si3N4 ceramic bearings could reach the temperature 1190°C
1) Silicone Nitride is the best ceramic material used for the ceramic bearings.
2) It has the density 3.20g/cm3 ,and is only half weight of zirconia bearings.
3) More light means more speed.
4) Chemical resistant. Can work in various chemicals.
5) No need lubrication, clean, and can wash in the water.
6) Non-magnetic and insulation. Reliable working.
7) Outstanding long time working in low temperature till -80 Centigrade.
8) Tolerance is as per normal bearings. Easy for assembly.
Silicon Nitride Bearing
Application is as under:
Electro plating, electro polishing ,food processing, vacuum applications,fiber processing, conveyor processing. medical radiation, photo processing,computer assembly, electronics applications, medicine equipment, wet applications.